|Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.
You are subscribed to one or more CDC code sets email subscription services. This message serves to inform you that information has recently been updated and is now available.
Links to all of the code sets can be found on the Code Sets web page.
- Previously, NDC 58160-0964-12 (Rabavert by GlaxoSmithKline) was mapped to CVX 18 (rabies, intramuscular injection), however this CVX has been retired. The correct mapping is to CVX 176 (Rabies – IM fibroblast culture).
- A new Unit of Use NDC has been introduced for Rabavert produced by GlaxoSmithKline. This new code is linked to the existing Unit of Sale NDC for Rabavert.
- New carton and vial NDCs have been introduced for Hiberix by GlaxoSmithKline. The Hiberix product consists of a “kit” which contains 2 “cartons” each containing 10 “vials” (one carton has 10 vials of lyophilized powder while the other carton has 10 vials of diluent). Mappings exist from the “kit” (as a Unit of Sale) to “carton” (as a Unit of Use) and from the “carton” (as a Unit of Sale) to “vial” (as a Unit of Use).
- A CVX code is mapped to a vaccine group when the vaccine may be used to meet the ACIP goals for protection against the vaccine group disease. CVX codes 177 (PCV10) and 186 (Influenza, injectable, Madin Darby Canine Kidney, quadrivalent) have been mapped to vaccine groups 152 (PneumoPCV) and 88 (Flu) respectively.
- The AMA has updated the name of several influenza related CPT codes. The CPT Description for codes 90655, 90656, 90657, 90658, 90685, 90686, 90687 & 90688 have been updated to reflect the newest text. Mappings using these CPT have not changed, only the description of the CPT code has changed.